For members, the Consortium’s collaborative opportunities open up a network to learn how others have addressed specific healthcare issues. This allows even the smallest or most geographically isolated organization to gain from the hard-won experiences of their peers. Many clinical scholarship opportunities exist within the Consortium’s formal and informal associations and relationships.
Some of the other benefits of Consortium participation include:
- Consortium Site Coordinator Conference Calls include a mixture of specific agenda topics and provide an opportunity to network and learn from others’ strategies and outcomes.
- The Consortium Newsletter, delivered quarterly, provides updates and stories from Consortium sites to advance group learning and celebrate successes.
- Educational Conference calls/e-Connects, scheduled several times a year, are educational sessions that focus on components of the CPM Framework™, key industry topics, and case studies from members of the Consortium.
- International Conferences are held every two years and are open to both Consortium and non-Consortium participants. The conference offers a blending of keynote speakers with presentations by Consortium members on a wide range of topics. Networking and a rich session titled “Wisdom from the Field” provides varied opportunities for relationship building, tapping wisdom, as well as individual and collective learning.
- Consortium Summits give Consortium site leaders the opportunity to network, develop and deepen relationships, share wisdom and advance transformation tools, resources and processes though large and small group activities.
- Collaborative Learning Communities (CLCs) are a place for Consortium members to come together around specific functional areas—such as OB, Pediatrics, and NICU Nutrition– to discuss practice issues, content review, validation and evolution. The CLCs meet via teleconference and are scheduled, coordinated and facilitated by CPM.
Consortium participation gives healthcare organizations access to educational and networking opportunities that would be difficult, if not impossible, to duplicate on their own. By becoming involved in a larger initiative focused on transforming healthcare, organizations can play a vital role in shaping not only their future, but also the industry’s. And that’s not an opportunity that presents itself every day. Contact CPM today to learn more about how Consortium participation can help your organization.